Poland Belarus Problem
Poland has accused Belarus of ‘trucking’ citizens and influencing illegitimate and illegal immigration across the border. This news has come shockingly because many migrant camps on the frontier were cleared out hours before. Many European governments have further elaborated on the situation accusing Belarus of flying thousands of migrants from the Middle East into Europe illegally. Sources suggest that approximately 10 migrants tragically passed away in the freezing woods located near the border. Like we earlier stated, camps were being cleared out and multiple Iraqi citizens were also from Minsk. Migrants were taken into a warehouse where journalism was permitted and children were seen running gasping, men played cards while toddlers patiently remained in their laps. Treatment was offered for 3 migrants one of which was an Iraqi Kurd without a passport who was in serious condition. His name is Mansour Nassar who has 6 children living in Lebanon. He left for Belarus 12 days ago and had been staying low in the woods. He voiced his fear saying, “The Belarussian army told us: ‘If you come back we will kill you.’” In tears and living proof that threats were given.
Under the Space Agency of the Institute of Physical Sciences (PRL) in Ahmedabad, scientists say that exoplanets orbit near very old stars, which have a mass 1.5 times that of our own Sun. The exoplanet is 725 light-years away, its mass is about 70% larger than Jupiter, and its size is about 1.4 times larger. The discovery was made using the Advanced Radial Velocity Abusky Search (PARAS) spectrometer of PRL, the first type in India. The telescope is located at the Abu Observatory. The exoplanet named TOI1789 takes 3.2 days to orbit. This means that it is much closer to the central star than Jupiter, which takes 12 years to orbit. Being close to the Sun means that its operating temperature is above 1,700 degrees Celsius, making it one of the least dense planets ever discovered.
Kamala Harris to be first US female president briefly as Joe Biden undergoes a routine surgery.
After over a year, the 3 controversial farm laws in India have finally been removed.
A study shows that the first detected Covid-19 case was from a female vendor in the Wuhan street food market.
The Maldives slams the India out campaign, names India as its closest ally.
The Swiss government legalized gay marriage after a long process.
India leads NZ series 2-0 after crushing wins thanks to the openers and Suryakumar Yadav.
AB De Villiers retires from all forms of cricket including the IPL, says the passion in him and stops burning.
Tim Paine steps down as Australia test captain after he got caught sending inappropriate texts to a colleague.
Defender Dani Alves rejoins Barcelona after 5 years.
Premier League star Kevin De Bruyne tests positive for Covid-19.
IOS has updated its phone calls and fixed bugs in the latest update.
Microsoft edge has made a new feature called buy now and pay later.
Xiaomi is planning to launch lots of phones towards the end of the year.
Microsoft surface goes 3 has been launched in India.
Fact or Fiction
1) There’s a place in the Pacific Ocean called Point Zero. It’s so far from land that astronauts are sometimes the nearest human beings to it. The nearest inhabited landmass to Point Zero is over 2,866 km away.
Ans: Fiction (it is called Point Nemo)
2) Blood is red, right? But what about the blue veins that you can see through your skin? It isn’t really blue. Blood in the veins is just a dark red colour. It just shows blue through your pink skin. However, blood in arteries is bright red. It’s the amount of oxygen in the blood that changes the colour. The more oxygen, the brighter red the blood.
3) The human body needs to be cleaned up from time to time, and there’s nothing like a hot, steaming bath at the end of a long, dirty day. Especially if it’s a big bath and includes a lot of bubbles. But there are some baths you might think twice (or more) about before hopping in. There are those who think a bath of ice is wonderful, and there are legends about baths in milk. But the worst bath would have to be that shared with 87 snakes. Hard to imagine that being fun at all.
Ans: Fact! (yes this is very scary, but luckily I don’t know where it is)
4) Plant some seeds in good soil, water them, and they will grow. However, you are forgetting one thing: sunlight. Without sunlight, plants will not grow strong. Luckily you are not a plant. If you have good food, water and exercise, you will grow strong and healthy. Ans: Fact (please do this at home it is for your benefit)
5) Do you sometimes feel invisible? People with Cotard’s syndrome sometimes do. Sometimes they think they have no heart or stomach. It can get so bad that even though they know they are walking around, they are sure they’re dead. Sometimes they are also
convinced the world doesn’t exist anymore.
Ans: Fact (hope you don’t have this)
Emma in the Night Wendy Walker
A must-read for mystery lovers, Emma in the Night is a book that makes the gears in your brain turn. Emma and her younger sister, Cass, disappeared three years ago, leaving no trace behind of their disappearance except for a car and a pair of Emma’s shoes at the beach. Psychologists thought that their disappearance might have been because of their mother who always required her children’s love and attention, not the other way around. Police believed that they had been kidnapped but no evidence suggested so. After finding no clues whatsoever to their disappearance the FBI and local police gave up the search for the girls. However, three years later, Cass returned home alone carrying nothing but clothes on her back.
Written by Vivaan Dharamshi
Edited by Nirvaan Zaveri
Article 1 by Arhaan Zaveri
Article 2 and Tech News by Krishnav Bubna
Fact or Fiction by Nikunj Gupta
Review by Saveer Solanki